micro bubbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amanda722

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I did a water change yesterday like normal and when I turned the pump back on I get bubbles!! They are making my tank look dirty. I have heard they are bad too. I have a sump underneath with the pump in it. I can't seem to figure out what is causing this to happen. Please help.

Attachments

• image-1441859192.jpg
    image-1441859192.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 87
  • image-2247582178.jpg
    image-2247582178.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 91
Ok so I left the skimmer off for 24 hours because I was treating some red slime. I then did the water change and turned it back on and that's what happened. If I turn the pump off the bubbles stop. How would I know if it was coming from the skimmer?

in sump and not new been running fleury no problems until I left it off.

So sounds like it is coming from your return pump. Water level low? Do you have bubble traps in the sump?

The water level is not low. That is exactly what it is doing though. It looks like when the water level gets to low. I do not believe we have any bubble traps. Not even sure what that is since we have never had a problem with them. Could the pump itself be clogged?

Amanda722 said:
Hi, I did a water change yesterday like normal and when I turned the pump back on I get bubbles!! They are making my tank look dirty. I have heard they are bad too. I have a sump underneath with the pump in it. I can't seem to figure out what is causing this to happen. Please help.

image-2933868737.jpg

We have never cleaned the pump. We got our tank from a man about 5 months ago. Guess I better figure out how to take it apart.

jjamontan said:
You should post a pick of your sump. How long has it been since you cleaned the pump?

image-3492883332.jpg

image-3001694878.jpg

never cleaned it. Got it from a guy about 5 months ago. I better figure out how to take it part I guess.

I had this same prob I had no bubble traps I had no proublems then one day I had to shut it off when I turned it back on micro were in dt I had to put bubble traps in to fix it still don't know why but the traps worked

Take out the pump it can be full of junk I am willing to bet that it will only take 5 min to take off clean and all will be well acer that

Back
Top Bottom