Micro bubbles in main tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JVS__RAMBO

Aquarium Advice Regular
Alright this maybe long but I'm gonna explain everything. I have micro bubbles in my main display tank for some reason they won't go away. My corner overflow is creating the bubbles when the water goes through the slits and goes into the water, then your getting sucked into the one inch tube and going into the filter sock which is full of foam the there coming out of the sock looks like leaking threw the bottom of it and getting into the sump then my protein skimmer is also creating bubbles(ASM G1X) when it comes out of the black foam it leaks into the water and creates some bubbles that then go threw the refugium and down threw the sponge and into my carbon media and then finally in the pump return area where it seems to be blasting micro bubbles into the main tank. Sorry for so long but trying toget rid of this problem. PLEASE HELP!!?

what does your sump look like? can you take a picture of it? what size tank and sump is this and what return pump are you using?

Trigger systems crystal sump, 120 gallon tank 48 X 24 X 24 the sump is 36 X 12 and my return pump is a Quiet one 6000

try choking back the return pump. give more time for the bubbles to reach the surface. see if that helps.

Ok, also I'm feeding my ocelleris clowns mysis shrimp I just got them yesterday, they seem to go after it then spit it right out again. What does that mean?

The pet shop said that they were eating it, I turned down the overflow valve and the pump.

I turned down the pump but still getting bubbles from the protein skimmer and under the carbon which is under the sponge thinking of getting another sponge to place under carbon media to stop bubbles there but still have them from skimmer and filter sock.

these sponges are unnecessary in most sumps. they are also a hindrance to a healthy tank. i wouldn't be surprised if you have some nitrate issues using them, unless you wash them out every few days.
what stops bubbles from reaching the DT in sumps is the bubble trap. i would think the bubble trap is not effective, and should be redesigned. that's the best i can help you without being there.
how much did you turn down the return pump?

Fixed the problem with overflow water level was to high, but my protein skimmer is still creating bubbles (ASM G1X) can't figure it out, going to LFS tomorrow to ask them and see if they can fix the problem, they sell the same one there. Hopefully they know the prob. Thanks for your help.

was the skimmer just recently setup? if so the micro bubbles will go away once it breaks in

the skimmer is doing what it's supposed to do- create bubbles. that foam tube around the riser tube is not to remove micro bubbles, but to quiet the splashing and limit salt creep.
it's the sump's bubble trap that is there to remove bubbles before they hit the display.

Back
Top Bottom