Micro Bubbles Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Richy35

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all I'm having a slight problem with micro bubbles in my tank, which is coming from my skimmer. I have an aqua medic turboflotor blue 1000, it's hanging on the side of my tank as I don't have a sump. The skimmer has been running for just under 4 weeks so it should be bedded in by now. Has anyone got any ideas on what I can do. Sorry for the poor pic it was taken on my phone. Thanks.

Attachments

• image-3353861828.jpg
    image-3353861828.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 102
I have the same problem with a Juwel skimmer. I'm biting the bullet and adding a sump. It means drilling the tank (yikes) and getting a sump built but it's the only way I'm going to get the micros out of my display.

Oh great. Did the whole sump thing and got the baffles wrong. More micro bubbles than ever but this time from the return pump. More work to do.

I couldn't get the micro bubbles out of my DT when my skimmer was HOB. Fixed when it was added to the sump. If you don't want to drill your tank, you can get a HOB overflow. I did it this way and have had no further issues.

The back's already drilled. I removed one of the buffels (okay it snapped when I was trying to cut it down), added some rubble to the under flow gap, and added some sponge to my sump pump inlet. Solved!

Back
Top Bottom