Mike's 45 gallon mushroom tank build.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep I told my girl it's cycled and she was like yay I can get my goby lol. I said ummm yea about that I'm getting an angler and the goby will be lunch . Needless to say she isn't too happy .

Lol... I totally pictured that convo! It's gonna be great! DD just added a tiger striated angler tonight.

That fish is awesome.I will be looking out for that fish in the future. I still have some stuff to do with my other tank . The overflow started leaking. I'll see what I can do for lights or the scrubber this weekend hopefully I'll make some progress with it.

http://www.aquatraders.com/36-inch-4x39W-T5-Aquarium-Light-Fixture-p/52304.htm

I think I might order this fixture. Anyone have experience with this one?

I picked up some material for the algae scrubber screen and a 10 gallon sump tank . It's not much but it's something.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up some material for the algae scrubber screen and a 10 gallon sump tank . It's not much but it's something.
Its all you need for a scrubber ,,just a place for the water to fill up enough to be pumped back to the DT,,
My sump on my 280 is only a 20 long

Yea thats why I didn't get the 20 . I figured it would be more than I needed . I just need my overflow and return pump and it's done.

I have a turf scrubber question . When I cut the slot in the pipe do I leave the ends un slotted ( i don't think that's an actual word lol) for the elbows . I don't think it will make a difference but I figured I would ask.

I have a turf scrubber question . When I cut the slot in the pipe do I leave the ends un slotted ( i don't think that's an actual word lol) for the elbows . I don't think it will make a difference but I figured I would ask.
You do not want to slot the whole pipe.It will squeeze together because theres nothing supporting it ..you will need a cap for one end and an elbow for the other

Talked to my Lfs today. I left him my number and he said he will call me Monday when he gets the list of what he can order for the week to see what anglers he can get . Very excited now.

Ok thanks ft . So 14 inch pipe with a 10 inch slot in the middle sound about right?
Yep,10x10 screen ,that will be a perfect size for your tank

Talked to my Lfs today. I left him my number and he said he will call me Monday when he gets the list of what he can order for the week to see what anglers he can get . Very excited now.
Awesome ,,i hope he can get it in for you..
on a side note ,,i also asked my LFS for the fish i've been waiting for...Hope we both get what we want soon(y)

Cool . I called another Lfs and they have a wartskin in stock for $100 . Im going to check it out later. Im still probably going to wait for a striated one but looking can't hurt lol. Or can it

Back
Top Bottom