Mike's Algae Powered Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok thanks. I'm not 100% set on doing it. Just depends where I'm going to stick the tank at. Thanks

Plumbing is officially done . Next step finishing the stand and filling it up for it's trial run .

Attachments

• image-2733780177.jpg
    image-2733780177.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 193
A lot of planning . I made the scrubber and mounted that . Then I hung the overflow on the tank and sat there looking at it until the best plan came to me . After that it's just putting the pieces of the puzzle together to make it how I wanted it. I know that's not a great explanation lol . I guess you could say I placed my filtration and equipment where I wanted it and went from there.

Not yet. It's a little over 1/4 of the way full. Should be done sometime saturday night since the ro will be in use making pwc water for the 180. I should have a decent amount of adjustment for the scrubber screen with the valve . I will find out soon enough if everything will work out.

Stupid I phone double post . Here is a pic anyways

Attachments

• image-1214201559.jpg
    image-1214201559.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 186
I'm stoked for you to get this thing up and running! So you think you'll have it filled this weekend?

Yep that's the plan. The sump is full and the tank is over half full now.. So if it goes as planned it will be running with the rock in it by Sunday .

Had some issues. The return pump makes a knocking type noise. I found the o ring between the impeller housing and pump is twisted and damaged. Hopefully I can get a new o ring and it will fix the problem . Some other issues is that the draining noise is very loud and the guy who I traded out auto repair for the stand and canopy will not return my calls. Probably going to drain the tank and until I get things squared away.

Had some issues. The return pump makes a knocking type noise. I found the o ring between the impeller housing and pump is twisted and damaged. Hopefully I can get a new o ring and it will fix the problem . Some other issues is that the draining noise is very loud and the guy who I traded out auto repair for the stand and canopy will not return my calls. Probably going to drain the tank and until I get things squared away.

bum deal. hate that you have to go do a collections run on a guy. poop deal about the pump too.

on the flip side, if your like me, this is giving you a chance to mentally run through and think about your set up and make sure its all set and really how you want it to be.

that sucks man, any idea on when you're gonna fire the build back up?

Not sure . When this hurricane rolled into my area my chimney started leaking real bad. That will have to be fixed before I start the tank up.

Well got some good news today. Finally talked to the guy who is doing the stand and canopy. He said if everything goes as planned he will be at my house Saturday to finish the stand and do the canopy and go on my roof to see what's leaking. If it all works out I will be filling it up again Sunday .

Nice... Small step but feels huge after what happened. Trust me, being from Florida, I know how you feel.

Well got some stuff done today. Just missing one trim piece and a door for the stand. Going to paint it all black tomorrow . Also has anyone had issues with purewaterclub? I ordered a replacement ro filter set but they forgot to send one. Of course there is no number to call so hopefully they will respond to the email. Should have just went with brs .

Attachments

• image-1395711245.jpg
    image-1395711245.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 200
Thanks so I didn't like the look of the light so I mounted them inside .

Attachments

• image-1012605128.jpg
    image-1012605128.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 184
  • image-2632958065.jpg
    image-2632958065.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 196
Back
Top Bottom