Mike's Algae Powered Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It has been a while since I updated here . Sadly there is no good news . For over 2 months Slagathor has been unable to stand upright , walk, or eat . I have tried burping air out of him weekly , force feeding and a round of erythromycin to rule out anything bacterial but sadly nothing works. If anyone has any ideas what I could try please share . There is still plenty of life left in his eyes but it is getting to the point were I can not bear to let him keep suffering anymore . :( thanks

Ok everyone I need some opinions . This issue is still going on since the middle of September. I did a cupramine treatment for the past month and still no change whatsoever. I want to see what everyone's opinions are on euthanizeing him . Just to recap the issue he is having . It cannot stand , walk, swim or eat . So what does everyone think ? Has he suffered long enough ? Any ideas on something else to try ? Thanks

That's a tough call, but I almost think that if you have tried everything and there is no improvement, keeping it alive is just delaying the inevitable. I'm a "quality of life " kinda guy for people and pets. Once the bad outweighs the good , it's time to check out.

I've had no experience with those , so I am at a loss as to other things to try. Sorry about the situation though.

Back
Top Bottom