Mike's Algae Powered Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is a nice angler. How did you feed him for the first time? I'm so used to dumping food into my tank once I prepare it. Do you have to hand feed it or something?

Thanks Hank.I took a long straw from 711 and cut a v on the end of it. I just stuffed the krill in the v and stuck it in there. He must have been trained on a feeding stick because as soon as he saw it he was all over it.

It usually takes a while to get them eating frozen.As far an other inhabitants they should always be kept alone since they can eat fish the same size as they are in one gulp. A feeding stick is almost always needed since they are ambush predators and use their lure to trick fish into getting close to its mouth since they are extremely slow. I honestly doubt just dumping frozen food in the tank will get any type of feeding response.Good news is you only feed them once a week so its not a real big deal.

Yea his mouth is huge .... makes lions look like they have small mouths. Its great to watch but feeding him with the straw and feeling the force behind his strike is amazing!!!!!!!

I hate you....

I'm glad to hear you're already on frozen. That's awesome!

As for the force, my fingers can vouch. Rumor on the street is that they have the fastest feeding response of any creature. They actually bite so fast that a vacuum type suction is created bringing the prey into the mouth.

Some stay 4 inches some up to 11 inches. A big one could take out a big fish . Another thing is flow. I am currently only using the return from the mag 7. Ph are off so he can plant himself and move around since he had issues grabbing on and moving .Something not ideal for what your tang or larger swimming fish would like.

Just picked up a 7 mushroom pack from Atlantic sea farms for $40. Unfortunately it was their pick. I did get one green ricordea . The ric has 2 mouths so I guess that means it will be splitting soon correct?

Here are a few. They are all pretty small though so I couldn't get them all.

Attachments

• image-837310194.jpg
    image-837310194.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 123
  • image-1603234773.jpg
    image-1603234773.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 123
  • image-799785012.jpg
    image-799785012.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 133
Nice shrooms, that red be is going to have an amazing color once it opens nice and big

What a difference in a day! splitting already :)

Attachments

• image-4273771447.jpg
    image-4273771447.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 118
  • image-3327617141.jpg
    image-3327617141.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 127
Back
Top Bottom