mimic tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brianf40us

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well i got 3 new additions to my tank today.

Mimic Tang and 2 cleaner shrimp.

Does anyone have pictures of an adult Mimic Tang? and i have been reading that the adult version is known as a chocolate tang.

Thanx a lot some of the other pictures i found were a lot more colorful. MAybe Male and Female.

Im having a bad outbreak of hair algae my nitrates are 5-10 i have not checked my phosphates and added some seachem phosguard to my filter to see if that would help. Im going to try leaving my lights out for a couple of days but not to long because of my mushroom corals. (how long can corals go without light.

I hope when i get my refugium it will help clear it up.

I have been reading a lot of things about the mimic tang and some sights say they will go from yellow to brown in color but my tang is grey with a dark dark blue tail with a light blue trim. it is only about 2-3 inches big. Do i have a different Mimic Tang?

I think there are two different kinds of mimic tangs. What i have been reading is they are called chocolate tangs when they get older.

Back
Top Bottom