Minimum Size HOB fuge to grow pods?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeeDemTails

Aquarium Advice Freak
I plan on having both a HOB fuge to farm pods, and a under tank 5 gal fuge, with a bunch of LR/LS, mangroves, ect.

It is only for a 10 gal tank with one small fish eventually.

What kind of fish?
Any filter feeders in the tank that are going to be consuming those pods?
Bigger is always better, but any size will help.

Unless you're working with equiptment you already have, I'd be tempted to just upgrade the fuge to 10 gallons, then you have a ton of room for an extra live rock chamber for pods. If the stand will fit it, it's not really unreasonable to put in a sump as large as the tank itself. Especially with a nano tank, extra volume can help matters quite a bit. Given the limited viewing area in the 10 gallon, I wouldn't want to take up visual space with a fuge up top.

I have a 5.5 gal tank I am going to make into an under tank fuge, with a bunch of small peices of LR, a skilter 250 hanging on it for fuge flow and tank skimming, and a little LS with some mangroves.

I wanted to also have a small HOB fuge just to grow pods, I do have a couple dusters, anemones, and I want to keep corals eventually.

I just wanted a HOB fuge as well as the under tank fuge so the pods dont get chopped up in the pump.

And the fish will be a Pseudo probably.

Back
Top Bottom