Minimum size tank for clowns?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

happygirl65

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello,
I am HOPING that I might get a SMALLish tank for Christmas...thinking about having a small SW tank...what I would really like is a 30 - 40 gallon tank housing basically a bunch of LR, a pair of clown fish, inverts and maybe eventually an anemonie or some leathers/mushrooms

What would be your suggestions? I do know bigger is better but am hoping to not need a sump etc thinking of one of those tanks with the compartment built in the back to hold equipment etc....what do you think?

30-40 gallon will work nice. You should be able to have what you mentioned there. The anenome and corals will need some intense lighting.

Skip the anemone and research the leathers for size and you'll be fine.
Clowns don't need an anemone. They will host may corals i.e frogspawn, bubble, etc.
Anemones should be left in the ocean where they can live so long that we don't know their lifespan.

SWEET! I think it's a good idea too because I can stick with lower light corals and leathers. :) yeah! I am excited and hoping. My husband has to be on board though...which is the tough part...perhaps if my christmas list consists only of a picture of the tank I want and nothing else...lol.

...or if I let him upgrade his TV...(now that's usin my noggin!)

As far as clowns go though, Ocellaris or True percula clowns would be your best choice. They stay pretty small and will be fine in a 30-40 gallon tank.

...excellent :cool: ...darn it...there is no smiley that shows rubbing hands together and and maniacal laughter....lol.

Back
Top Bottom