Mirical Mud?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gleach

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Anyone have experiance with the stuff? Is it good or bad? Is it really necessary to change out 50% a year? Does it work?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Waste of money. I want to say someone somewhere tested it and said it was just like mud you'd get out of your garden. Just keep the refugium bare bottom so you can clean it out if you need to.

See now your telling me the same thing one of my lfs said. Have you tried it?

I've tried it and saw no good or bad from it. I read that same study. A lot of money for nada IMO.

Well I have some in my sump but I have had it since I set the system up so I haven't really had any experiance without it. My plan now is to remove it with a vac and see what happens if there are any issues I'm just going to put some back in. I'll keep you guys posted as to My experiance with it. I've seen a few people claim that it is good stuff but maybe they are just tricking them selves.

I saw someone ask about it somewhere when I was doing research on sumps for my brackish tanks.. Same conclusion.

I have had great results but you need to change the 50% as directed. I have seen a considerable difference than just putting sand at the bottom of my refugium

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Yeah I'm going to do a 100% change pretty soon I think. My plan is to do a dsb with 1in of mud on top in my refugium area.

I think bare bottom is the better way to go. Less mess to worry about. If you have the proper amount of live sand and rock up in your tank, a good skimmer and macro algae in the refugium, things should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I swear this is one of the toughest decisions lol. I'm 50% 50%. I'm stuck lol!

I have had great results but you need to change the 50% as directed. I have seen a considerable difference than just putting sand at the bottom of my refugium

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I'd love to hear what this result is, as no one can ever tell you what the benefit of putting what is basically mud from your garden into the sump.

I have run tanks with them and without mud..... Never noticed a difference...... Funny thing is just 10 minutes I added a CPR Pro hang on to my tank with mud......

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom