Missing anything for new sw tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Capri

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi All,

I got into this addictive hobby by accident when I bought a tank to rescue a goldfish from a pond being dismantled. He's doing well, but I'm not. I have the fever! Want to start with a small saltwater fowlr, then down the road add a couple of corals.

I have a 20-gal SeaClear on its way. Got acrylic on sale. Plan to set it on a kitchen counter (wood w/granite top) but may change my mind & get a stand. I already have a no-name 100 watt heater never used that came with goldfish tank.

I plan to get: 20# live or reef sand - 20# live rock - hydrometer - API test kit - a powerhead (thinking Koralia or Aquaclear 402) - an LED light strip - a battery powered air pump for power outages - 2 clownfish & 1 goby or 1 bleeny after cycling - New life Spectrum Marine Fish Formula - and much later a couple of corals, perhaps colt, daisy polyp, mushroom, tree coral. It's my understanding that I don't need a filter if I have live rock, but if deemed needed, I have one.
I plan to do small weekly water changes.

Am I missing anything? As I'm on a social security budget, I'll accumulate these items over the next couple of months.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Beginner LED Lights

Aquarium Reef Coral LED Light Strip SMD 5050 600 LEDs/5M 120/M 10000K Cool White

Back
Top Bottom