Missing fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Melissajk

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 120 gallon saltwater aquarium. I had a blue Atlantic tang that was ok until he got big. I got rid of him back to the lfs. Since then I noticed in my tank I'm missing some fish. 1 6 line wrass and 2 chromis, a cleaner shrimp . I know the tang was stressing out my other fish. Is it possible that they died and my hermit crabs ate them. My wrass has been missing for 2 weeks and the chromis 1 week. My Atlantic tang has been gone for a week.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well my six line disappeared about a year ago as well and also some cleaner shrimp , My only suspect was a fairly large hermit crab but still not 100% sure what really happened , he has since been re-homed. I more or less chalked it to the natural life cycle on the reef.

I had a 4 in hamlet that died and the CUC took care of it fast I"ll say like in 8 hrs all that was left was a skeleton , hermits and snails made short work of it they work fast ,

I had a cucumber, I haven't seen it in months, is it possible all these creatures die and it doesn't mess up my tank?

I had a cucumber, I haven't seen it in months, is it possible all these creatures die and it doesn't mess up my tank?

if you had all them fish die maybe your cucumber did mess up the water in your tank , fish don't up and die for the heck of it something killed them

I still have 6 other fish they all didn't die. The 2 chromis and 6 line wrass were looking a little skinny, I'm thinking the blue Atlantic tang stressed them out. I do 25% wc every week. Maybe it is what it is and I'll wait to add another fish. I keep my tank pretty clean and maybe with all the hermit crabs the cucumber didn't have much to eat.

I've heard stories of six line wrasses jamming themselves in the rock work, is it possible that your tang freaked it out and it's hiding?

Well it has been about 3 weeks since I have seen him. I think he is a goner

Back
Top Bottom