Mixed reef temperature

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jjh302

Aquarium Advice Freak
What temperature does everyone keep their mixed reef tanks at? Mine is currently 78.6

That's fine petty much anything from 72-82 can work but IMO it's better to be on the high end if that scale and I keep mine 78-82

I heard coral coloration was better on the lower end, but I'm 78-80 also.

I just read an article that suggested that. So I lowered my temp to 74 for a week. Wasn't happy with the results so I have now raised it back up to 78.5.

Oh..I didn't read THAT low...lol. I thought maybe 76, and no Red...i never did because i don't have a chiller, and with all the pumps and lights the best I can do naturally is around 78 in the winter.

Oh..I didn't read THAT low...lol. I thought maybe 76, and no Red...i never did because i don't have a chiller, and with all the pumps and lights the best I can do naturally is around 78 in the winter.

I'm going to try to find the article again. If I'm not mistaken it suggested 72-76.

Yeah I here ya, I can't keep mine below 79 in the day during the summer. Makes me want to test it though....

Back
Top Bottom