Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-09-2012, 10:40 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Mixing Clowns

While I wait for rock, lights, sand, heater, and so on wait and wait some more. Down the road we want to stock our tank (46G Bow) with a couple clown fish wife wants ones like nemo (Amphiprion ocellaris??) for the grand kids. I was thinking of black clowns or even black ice clowns. So my question is can you mix differnt clowns in the same tank say 2 Amphiprion ocellaris and 2 black ice?

Old 03-09-2012, 10:49 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

The easiest clowns to mix are the oscellaris and their designer types. I would say yes to a "nemo" mixed with a black ice or a b&w oscellaris.

Old 03-10-2012, 01:01 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via MSN to nohika
Carry is right, however it is not recommended to have more than one pair of clownfish in a tank. Even in Carey's 125g it didn't work out.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:18 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Good catch, didn't even see he wanted 4 clowns.

Unfortunately most times it just ends in a mess. Mine were all fine for months and one day the orange ones just decided they had to kill the B&W clowns. I got them out in the nick of time, luckily I have enough tanks so it didn't end in death. But it sure was headed that way. And thats in a 6foot tank/

some people will say they had luck, in my mind it's always just a matter of time.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:10 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Cool good to know will just stick to a pair guess the wife will get her nemo's. Now what can I put with them back to the research pages.

Tags
clown, clowns, mixing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com