Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-05-2003, 01:09 PM   #11
I think that if given the opportunity, we can greatly over exaggerate bio-diversity with mixing LR. All of this rock comes from the ocean. Yes, different parts of the world, however many of the species that are on the rock are the same on all rock... I have 5 different types of LR in my tank, Marshall Island, Fiji, Fla Aquacultured, Hand picked Atlantic Ocean Rock, Gulf Rock. All shared the same properties when I got them, and I have not seen anything in the way of decreased amounts of bio-diversity... Now of course I am no scientist yet. I think if we need an answer to this, it would be best to contact Dr. Ron, Martin Moe Jr., etc... about what their studies have shown... Interesting thread...
Old 12-05-2003, 01:23 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via MSN to sumphead
I believe our train of thought needs to be that we are creating a bio-diverse habitat of your very own, unless you are doing a specific region as a theme. What you are creating is is just that, what YOU are creating. If you don't want invasive mussles then dont. I too have several types of rock including Fiji, Marshall, Bali, and cultured and really haven't had it long enough to say if is a problem. But my opinion is place whatever you like in your aquatic world. We may never see an ocean full of nothing but algea and turbo snails but you will see an aquarium with one, well if you want to that is.

sumphead is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com