monti placement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Depends on your tank and lighting. :) I've always kept mine somewhat high in the tank but if you have uber bright lights you may want to start out lower.

I had it low but it don't seem to like it thats why I'm asking
I want this thing placed before all my new coral arrive so I have more choices to place it
hope that came out right lol

Tank size and current lighting? You may find that alot of your coral will want to be moved at one time or another after initial placement which is perfectly normal. Where you put it now isn't set in stone so be flexible. lol Some corals may want more or less light than is recommended so you will be moving them around, just how it goes. lol I glue my frags to small rock rubble so that they are easily moved as well as have a place to expand onto rather than my large rocks.

this is the monti in question I brought it closer to glass to get a better pict
img_2573933_0_b3c86debbd850d2bd824561fc0a0b150.jpg

I running those dim-able chinese leds 40 b

That looks like a spongodes. I have them looking good high and low. What are you seeing with the frag that you don't like? What makes you think it's not doing well?

since its been down low its just not as brilliant color wise more brownish
I got this for a swap for some macro algae

Well, brownish would have me raising it up. Try it half way for a couple weeks and see what happens. Is your fixture at 100%?

Back
Top Bottom