moon light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jester

Aquarium Advice Freak
i just ordered a moon light i was wondering what and how many hours it should be on i have there tank lights on from 1030 am to 1130 pm is that good it is a fish only with shrimp crabs and snails thanks for the help once again guys

Moonlights, if I am not mistaken, are to come on when the main lights go out... much as the moon comes up after the sun goes down.. They are designed to hopefully induce spawning and such...

90 min after you main light goes off turn the moon light on and then 90 min before your normal cycle of "daylight". IME. HTH 0X

thanks thats what i wanted to know when to turn moon light off thanks guys

mine stay on all the time, when the other lights come up, they just arent noticeable..and it is easier than remembering to turn them on and off all the time.

Yea, that is what mine do. They don't take up much energy, so I jaut have them on all the time, and you see them when the lights go out.

:hat:

Agreed, my moon-lite just sits up there and runs all day and all night. Its only pulling 1 watt of power and doesn't get hot. If only the rest of them did that...

Back
Top Bottom