Moonlight questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
C

cj10488

Ok I am going to be building a Canopy for my tank tomorrow and wanted to know how good/bad it would be to use 2 extremely low watt Blue Incandesent party bulbs.. I am thinking like 15w or smaller.. I was thinking about using 2 of them for a 55gal tank.. I would like to get Actual moonlights but my wife says I cant buy anything like that until After Xmas.. (I think I know what 1 Present might be lol)...

Is this blue light going to be bad for the Inhabitants? Is there going to be any benifit in using this or should I just DIY myself some LED moonlights??

TIA,
James

Alright thats what I read but wasnt for sure if there was a reason for not using them any longer.. I am going to do some price checking and see which one/way would be the cheaper route to take... My feeling would be the Party lights but I am kind of doubting that... I plan on using my Plain Flat reflector mounted on a few small pieces of 1x2 until My wife lets me order a few of the Parabolic Reflectors... I WANT MY PANTS BACK ;) lol

If I went with LEDS I was thinking that 2 of them would be plenty for a 55gal tank correct or should I use more?? If so how many.. Which is better to use the White or the blue.. I feel blue would be more TRUE to the outside world..

TIA,
James

Back
Top Bottom