More fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nu-Nu the eel

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello everyone! Let me give you some background about my tank :) i currently have

30 gallon tank with nice wood stand that is about 28 1/2 inches long (storage under)
2 korolia 750s
1 ac 70 filter with backpack protein skimmer (tryin to fix it)
40 pounds of rock and 3" sand bed
4bulb t5 ho light

We currently have
1 chalk bass
1 osc clown
1 cleaner shrimp
1 peppermint shrimp
1 tiger pistol shrinp (we plan on adding 6 fish)

ANYWAYS! My question to all you smart people is that i want a sump. Im thinkin 20 gallon with a regular footprint. It would have an aqualife protein skimmer. If i did this, would i be able to add more fish? I know 6 fish is pushing it, but WITH a sump and skimmer would i be able to add say 2 more fish? I am just curious because i am seriously considering adding a sump! Thanks yall ;)

Imo you can do another 3-4" fish and I would say adding a sump is only going to help water quality. Its the footprint. Of the tank that tells you how many fish

Oh so my water quality would still be good with 7 fish? I am content with 6, just curious! Hahh :) would this be a good idea??

Oh okay thanks for the opinion! So i know that two blennys do not work together which makes me sad :( i really want a scooter and a midas/algea blenny. I am also going to get an orange stripe prawn goby soon so i can only get one goby!

I have a good amout of rock. About 40 lb and i know blennys are hard to keep, mainly scooters because they eat pods. I will have a fuge so im hoping that will increase my pod count, and i will try and get one that is on mysis.

Back
Top Bottom