more homework please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medge00

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm thinking about doing a reef tank, so for the past few months I've been reading all I can. I watch the threads here at AA and have read through the following books:

"The New Marine Aquarium" M. Paletta
"The Conscientious Marine Aquarist" R. Fenner (need to tackle that one again)
"Saltwater Aquarium's for Dummies" (hey, my dad bought it for me)

I plan on reading one of the coral books to figure out if I really want to do that sometime in the future. Since I don't have any equipment, save my freshie stuff, I don't want to invest in lighting, then decide I have to have way better lighting and invest in that, you know? Plus all this reading will stall the actual buying of stuff until I'm financially ready, and ready to jump in.

Is there a source I'm missing? Should I try a marine focused forum as well? (don't worry, I can never really leave AA)

ALSO::: is there a book (or website) that explains sumps and plumbing? I've decided I want to have a sump for sure, and think building all that would prove for an interesting project (I'm all about hands on).

Thanks guys. :D

read this the other day about sumps. Not sure where I found this link but it was pretty informative.

Great Link greenfish!! I think someone recommended this site to me. Maybe you. Anyway, all you need to know and more in the 2 links provided about sumps. :D

Back
Top Bottom