more night noises

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hemichris

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I continue to hear the clicking at night and during the day af first we all belived it was a mantis shrimp. But i speculate that i couldnt b/c 1st i cannot find it, 2nd none of my snails, hermits, or my 3 cleaner shrimps have died. So wanted to kno what i most likly could be people tell me it could be the snalis on the glass but i need professional confirmation

yes some snails do make noise on the glass this is how. When I had my Mexican Turbo snails they go up on the glass and then act like they are cleaning and then they shoot into the shell but still hanging on the glass, The shell of the snail will tap the glass. Snails are active at night.

Mine do it, if they are near a ph's flow. I have only heard it twice, and it did seem like it was at night. It is usually the bigs ones, but I think the ph knocks them off.

Sometimes they will fall and hit the glass with their shell also. You could have a pistol shrimp in there. Just a thought.

Oh yeah, my ph will do it too, if the come loose. Can you find out exactly where the clicking is coming from? Like under a rock or the top of the tank or something like that?

Back
Top Bottom