more than 1 angel in the same tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bschroller

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys, I currently have a coral beauty and 2 chromis with 2 shrimp in my tank. Would it be dangerous to put a blue koran in there with the coral beauty? one of my LFS is having a sale on their blue koran and I can get him 20 bucks off. Will the coral beauty and the blue koran get along?

It would be a bit tight in a 36 gal. I would wait for the up-grade before adding the koran.

I would not be to worried about your coral beauty, they are fairly docile. The Koran can be aggressive. In a 110 as long as you have plenty of LR you should be okay.

I thought you couldn't have two angels in the same tank unless you add them at the same time. Is the coral beauty different?

I had a Coral beauty and a flame angel in the same tank, got along great. The first few days there was alot of chasing going on but after that they swam together most of the time. Lost my Flame angel last week, started acting funny so I put it in qt and started with marycan 2 and it died in 3 or 4 days. :(

A large angel and a dwarf can be mixed fine in a large system. Would (as you would be doing) put the Koran in last, it will end up being the boss of the tank and would bully anyone put in after him.
That being said, I wouldn't put one in a 36 gallon for even a short period of time.
Even with a 120, that is a bit tight for a large angel. Thats a fish that can get to 12"+.

angels can do ok if they come from similar areas exmp. Carbians with Carabians, Indo's with Indos. But room is a factor

quarryshark said:
A large angel and a dwarf can be mixed fine in a large system. Would (as you would be doing) put the Koran in last, it will end up being the boss of the tank and would bully anyone put in after him.
That being said, I wouldn't put one in a 36 gallon for even a short period of time.
Even with a 120, that is a bit tight for a large angel. Thats a fish that can get to 12"+.

how fast do they grow? The one I was looking at in the store was only about 2 inches. I just figured I'd keep him in the small tank a few months before moving him. I didnt think he'd grow too terribly much in that time.

My Angel was about 3 " last Nov when I got her. She is over 5" now. They grow pretty fast.
A couple of months should be OK. I would still go bigger than a 125 if you want to keep her long term.
The main reason I got a 210 gallon was because I wanted a big Angel.

Back
Top Bottom