Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-22-2008, 11:18 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ahh man, did you have to bring chores into the picture. :P
i just planned to make a mini business plan, and like ask for $300 dollars (not very likely)
but im good at begging

I think we may be in the same picture as you, we've done, well i;ve done FW for about 8 years(off an on)

I'll probably just need to buy a skimmer, live stock, and corals/reef. When we bough the tank from the LFS ( how i love that acronym) the tank was originally for SW, but we made it so it would be FW.

110 G - Freshwater -- RENA Filstar XP 3 Canister Filter, Emperor Bio-Wheel 400 Power Filter

38 G - Freshwater -- Planted - Marineland Emperor Bio-Wheel 280 Power Filter
KurtR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 11:44 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Regular
All kids are good at begging - it's programmed into you at birth! What I should have added to my note was, despite the costs, I really enjoy the sw hobby. I personally find it fascinating, I've used it as an incredible learning resource in my classroom (I'm immediately "cool" because I have a SW tank), and most importantly, it's something I share with my guys. OK, I may grumble a bit about them but I'll finance a hobby like this any day over less productive habits that guys their age can have. They really have worked hard to learn about this hobby. What parent could complain about that? Take the plunge - set up your tank with what is reasonably affordable so you can take care of your fish properly and most of all, have fun. Everyone here will help you figure out all of the rest of it.

On a side note: to my kids - these comments are non binding and may not be used to get free fish or corals.

fishcrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 01:34 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist
I started off with damsels and returned them quickly. Although they are nice looking fish, they tend to be aggressive. I had the tough decision of what fish to stock in my tank. Right now I have 1 Yellow Tang, 1 Orange Diamond Watchman Goby, 2 Pajama Cardinals, 1 Bangai Cardinal, 2 Firefish, 2 O. Clowns. Oh and 1 Potter's Angel Fish (well of course he loves Corals so I had to set up another 75 gallon tank reef ready)

I absolutely love my tank and find the Tang, firefish, and clowns are not shy and love to show off in the tank. I hope this helps with selection for you.

MommaFishels is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com