Moving mixed water from 5 gallon bucket to refugium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ozorowsky

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all, I'm getting my groove together and system started. When I do water changes, I just siphon the water from the top out to a bucket and dump that.

When pouring new water in thats mixed in a 5 gal bucket, I like to add that straight to my refugium so it mixes up with the water and gets pumped up into the tank so as to not shock my tank.

I am currently doing this by a measuring cup but thats kinda messy.

Should I get a super simple/cheap pump and pump the water from my bucket to refugium or what method are you all using?

Thank you

I have a pump that has a 15ft piece of tubing that I run from my back porch where my garbage can of water is to my tank. I use it sometimes, it's more hassle than its worth it seems. lol I do my pwc's with the tank water rather than the sump, just works out better for me.

Is this for the 125g tank? Cause you should be doing ALOT more than 5g water changes lol. I do about 20-25g at a time, ie: a 32g garbage can full of water. hehe...

I have a pump that has a 15ft piece of tubing that I run from my back porch where my garbage can of water is to my tank. I use it sometimes, it's more hassle than its worth it seems. lol I do my pwc's with the tank water rather than the sump, just works out better for me.

Is this for the 125g tank? Cause you should be doing ALOT more than 5g water changes lol. I do about 20-25g at a time, ie: a 32g garbage can full of water. hehe...

Yes, I'm referring to my 125 gallon. And no, haven't done any water changes just yet. Just put my first damsel in today so haven't seen a need to do a water change yet.

Back
Top Bottom