Moving mushrooms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scooby

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've got about 25 mushrooms of various sizes on one piece of rock.....any ideas how to get some of thm off? My brother has his tank going and I'd like to give him some. TIA

Dave

Some times you can take a credit card and scrape them at the bottom and they`ll come off. If the rock gets crowded they will fall off by themselves.

i got to agree with devil. i had shrooms in my 55g and had to take down dew to moving. in witch i had 4 shroom i had to move to move. i placed a few med size peices of lr beside them and prayed they would move befor i had to remove the tank. 3 of them did move thank god but 1 was to darn stubern so i used the credit card trick. hes ok now but i guess it stressed it out or something it took about a month to get its color back.
good luck, hope all go well

Just thinkin... I have 3 tanks. Do u guys recomend getting a rock with mushrooms.. And letting them spread onto other rocks and spread those rocks around in my 3 tanks... or do you suggest buying 3 seperate rocks with mushroooms.

Is there any other corals you can do this?... xenia maybe? Zoos?

I would just get one rock and let them spread. I started with one mushroom and have since sold hundreds to my LFS and they are all over my tank. Here is one rock I have not sold yet. And all this from one mushroom.

Attachments

• 100_0144_188.jpg
    100_0144_188.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 26
2 yrs on that rock. 4or 5 yrs on the ones that I sold to the LFS. The rock in the pic keeps dropping off Mushrooms because it`s too crowded and they move to other rocks. They grow very fast in the right conditions.

That is awesome I definatly wannt to add mushrooms to my new jbj 12 gallon!

Go for it but just remember they are very prolific and could overtake a small tank like that. You`ll need to take out and sell them to your LFS as they multiply.

that is awesome... if problem gets to serious i will spread some rock to my brothers 55 or my 29.. and if then its too much to the lfs i will go! Thank you... any other corals you no of that grow crazy like this

You can look in my gallery and see what I have. Alot of them have grown 4 or 5 times but most have to be fragged.

I think I'll wait for some to drop off the rock. It would be really cool to have the entire rock covered though. I have one attatched to a snail shell that a hermit moved into......was pretty cool watching the crab crawl around the tank with a 'shroom hitch hicker.

Dave

Attachments

• dsc_0063a_176.jpg
    dsc_0063a_176.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 25
Back
Top Bottom