Moving my tank advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joemama16341

Aquarium Advice Regular
I finally talked my wife into letting me build my fishtank into the wall. But this means I will have to drain the tank to move it. I am going to have everything ready before actually draining the tank and I was planning on using large water containers to hold all water and tank inhabitance while I move the actual tank. Then replace all water, rock and tank inhabinants back to the tank. A process that might mean they will be out of the tank for 3 or 4 hours. Is this an acceptable method of moving the tank? Will it kill off my cycle that has already completed? Most of all I am waorried about my long tentical anemone. Any advice would greatly be aprechiated. I am not going to start this project until the end of the month so I am open to anything I might need to do in advance.

As long as you can keep the temp stable and an air stone to keep the water aerated, I would think you would be alright. The gravel, rocks, and filter should have the bacteria you need to keep your tank from cycling again. Don't wash them. If they can ship these guys on an overnight truck in poor weather conditions, you should be able to go a few hours with them in your house.

I'll tag on this one. Im moving in 6-8 months and want to know :)

I was planning on several 5 gallon buckets (to make the water movable by one person) Was planning on saving 50 gallons and the other 25 would be fresh after the move... Good thing its only a few blocks away :)

Back
Top Bottom