Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-10-2005, 10:23 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
Send a message via AIM to Joemama16341 Send a message via MSN to Joemama16341
Moving my tank advice

I finally talked my wife into letting me build my fishtank into the wall. But this means I will have to drain the tank to move it. I am going to have everything ready before actually draining the tank and I was planning on using large water containers to hold all water and tank inhabitance while I move the actual tank. Then replace all water, rock and tank inhabinants back to the tank. A process that might mean they will be out of the tank for 3 or 4 hours. Is this an acceptable method of moving the tank? Will it kill off my cycle that has already completed? Most of all I am waorried about my long tentical anemone. Any advice would greatly be aprechiated. I am not going to start this project until the end of the month so I am open to anything I might need to do in advance.

Joemama16341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 10:32 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
As long as you can keep the temp stable and an air stone to keep the water aerated, I would think you would be alright. The gravel, rocks, and filter should have the bacteria you need to keep your tank from cycling again. Don't wash them. If they can ship these guys on an overnight truck in poor weather conditions, you should be able to go a few hours with them in your house.

Good luck! Kat
90 malawia cichlid
55 planted tropical community
electrikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 10:32 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via AIM to Ximat
I'll tag on this one. Im moving in 6-8 months and want to know

I was planning on several 5 gallon buckets (to make the water movable by one person) Was planning on saving 50 gallons and the other 25 would be fresh after the move... Good thing its only a few blocks away
Ximat is offline   Reply With Quote

moving, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com