Moving Tank???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

prag

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi ALl!!
Well I have a dilema...I set up a tank at my home and cycled if which lasted about four weeks... there is no live rock (Quite hard to get in NZ) anyway it had finished cycling and I did a water change and was ready to place fish in. However I then had to move out of home and now need to move the tank to my new place. So it has been sitting at home with the filter and heater on no lights for about 2 months. I was going to empty it the tank but keep two buckets full of the old saltwater and move the dead coral rock I have in it so that any bacteria that has formed will remain alive?? is that viable?? also I was going to leave water in the filter so that bacteria would not die off as well...so will any of this work???

If not I will have to cycle it again...Yay more waiting!! but any advice would be much appreciated!!!

Thank You
Prag

I have to wonder how much bactera is still in the tank at this point. If there is no regular source of food for the bactera to use up then their populations could be in serioud decline. I supose someone is topping this tank off with freshwater? After two months a fair amount of water would have evaporated.

Back
Top Bottom