moving tank around??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ozzyleeds

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ive had my tank up and running with fish for about a week now, but im not happy witn the way the rocks are and i want to move them around and add more.. can i do that and if so, what should i do with the fish?
i have two clowns, a cubical boxfish, a blue tang, 1 star fish and some coral and live rock...
thanks guys

Your just talking about re-arranging the rocks?

If so, the fish will swim around while you do it...there is nothing you need to do other than be careful as they will both try to stay away and if your doing it slowly enough possibly investigate and come in close to your hands/arm.

When your putting the rocks down, just make sure any crabs/snails are not on the substrate.

Be careful with the box fish.. They can nuke the tank if stressed.
A LFS was acculamating a bunch of fish in the same bucket as the box fish.. He got stressed and killed everything in the bucket including himself.

thanks for your help... yeah re-arranging and adding some more base rock (not live) into it. Also i got this stuff from LFS called lysofoss to help organic pollution and i was told to pt some in everyday but i have stop since i put fish in as im not sure if i can still use it. Any ideas?

Did you cycle your tank prior to putting your fish in? The reason I ask is that it appears this "lysofoss" is a bacterial culture. Never heard of it before, until I did a little Googling. If your LFS is telling you to put this stuff in every day, it makes me think you didn't cycle your tank and build up a population of beneficial bacteria, and that you're relying on this stuff to keep you ammonia/nitrites at bay. Are your ammonia and nitrite levels at zero?

yeah thry are zero and have been for a while. i had the going for about a month before i put fish in, they said for me to use that to speed up the cycle..

I agree with being careful with the box fish. When I removed my CC from my tank, I moved all the rock to one side, strained the sand out of the CC and then moved it back. I didn't have any problems. A fw of my fish had some nipped tail fins, but all survived.

Back
Top Bottom