Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-10-2009, 06:42 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

+1, by the way what is the measurements of your 65g tank?

Old 07-10-2009, 07:01 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

The tank is a 3' x 2' x 3'6" and thanks. I have a question for the experienced reef system folks on here. I'm trying to decide what I will be doing with the tank exactly, I know that just like freshwater saltwater has aggressive, community, and docile fish. I really want to go with the soft and hard corals, but I do not know which fish are safe to put with coral. It would be interesting to have a starfish and maybe some other neat creatures to help clean the tank but again I am not sure. If anyone has any information on reef safe creatures and fish that I could use to review. I realize of course I have plenty of time before I really start stocking the tank but I just want to try and really plan out the design of the tank.

Thanks
Isaac

Old 07-11-2009, 04:37 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

Here is a short list for you to look over.
Reef Safe Saltwater Fish at Aquatic Connection
Old 07-12-2009, 01:32 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

update.

Alright so I have a new question which seems to be a very controversial subject over the internet. Protein Skimmers, I bought the odyseea 75 protein skimmer for the tank and all I can get is wet foam. I will note that the tank is completely clean still and I have only added salt now. I am assuming that since the system is completely clean and there is no real cycle running yet, in the system that this could be why there is only wet foam. Does anyone agree with that statement or is the protein skimmer I have a waste?....

I was looking at some other models but it seems that the best reviewed models are for sump use only and I have no sump. Should I really consider building a sump or will the eheim canister filter and this protein skimmer be a good team. If anyone has any reviews of there own on hang on the back protein skimmers I would be interested too see what models you would recommend.

Tags
moving

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Sump? | my stock »