MRC's 46 Gallon BF Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good, been doubling the frequency of my WCs to help fight off this algae again. The move stirred up a bunch of stuff. I also cleaned my pumps and added a new batch of chemi-pure elite. Basically just the same old stuff lol.

Well can't go wrong with that. I need to clean my power heads now that you put that idea in my head. I have red algae growth on them that travels from one side of the tank to the other, only growing on the power heads and leaving the other side's spotless. Really odd.

Ya I only got my utility pumps for my skimmer, reactor, UV, and mix pump. Circulation pumps are next. I kinda have the same issue with mine too but they grow that real deep green grass like algae.

Well, got the repeat customer coming today, another appointment for Thursday and working with 2 local people right now while they get prepared for a reef at which point I will be their first source of corals :)

Green slimer, blue digitata, blue pipe organ, lrg Gsp, and blue clove polyps =$40. $10 more bucks he woulda got a free frag on the house but he said next time so ill be seeing him again soon lol.

Another sale today, green millepora, ora green birdsnest, scroll coral, pulsing xenia, green star polyps, war coral favite and handful of chaeto- $40... Another happy customer :)

I would also like to say, the guy that came by told me that my 46 gallon tank had a larger coral selection then his local sw shop with multiple frag tanks and display tanks and the price difference is astronomical haha. I take that as an amazing compliment lol. These sw shops better be ready for me once these frag tanks are running lmao.

Talked to petco a few mins ago, they said I'm allowed to come pick up their boxes and styro every Tuesday evening from their orders which means I can already knock $10 off shipping price maybe. Keeping my fingers crossed :)

Real nice guy just stopped by on his way thru coming back from a business trip-

Yellow polyps, radioactive dragon eye zoas, watermelon favia, war coral favite, blue bottle brush, blue/pink birdsnest, German blue digitata, and a ball of chaeto-$60

Down to a few more rocks to remove and frag the corals off and ill finally be able to put my new rock work in. Think I may do that this Friday if I don't get impatient and just do it tomorrow lol.

Well got 5 free boxes + styro from petcos weekly shipments and Ill be able to get them from there and my other chain stores as I need them for now and also just placed an order for (300) 3mil fish bags and (12) 20 hr heat packs for my first set of orders. Also have everything left to get but my ATO which I've yet to decide which one I want yet in my cart at bulkreefsupply and have the money to order now thanks to everyone's support so far :) .. if robbies order goes thru then ill be using that for MH bulbs and braided nylon tubing which will mean ill have the first frag tank fully operational!

Well got 5 free boxes + styro from petcos weekly shipments and Ill be able to get them from there and my other chain stores as I need them for now and also just placed an order for (300) 3mil fish bags and (12) 20 hr heat packs for my first set of orders. Also have everything left to get but my ATO which I've yet to decide which one I want yet in my cart at bulkreefsupply and have the money to order now thanks to everyone's support so far :) .. if robbies order goes thru then ill be using that for MH bulbs and braided nylon tubing which will mean ill have the first frag tank fully operational!

Dude, it's about time that frag tank going! We need some updated pics of all these setups.

Pittsburgh is about 4 hours from Philly I think lol and I know right hank haha. Money has been super tight but things are finally getting back on track. I'll be uploading some pics once I get some more work done on the frag tanks :)

Got most of the rock out so tomorrow night when my buddy gets off work to give me a hand the new piece will be going in :)

45469-albums2911-picture54622.jpg

Looking bare right now lol

Back
Top Bottom