MRC's 46 Gallon BF Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One thing I will say is its a dirty mix.. leaves a good bit of residue over and is a slow mixer but I'm betting that's due to more stuff being in the water/saltmix

Two new pieces. Ones a birdsnest with a lime green body and pink polyps (hard to see) and the other in not to sure, some type of acropora I believe but it has a bluish purple body with red polyps. Just gonna have to take my word for it since my camera sucks haha.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121231_192556.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121231_192556.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 53
  • ForumRunner_20121231_192608.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121231_192608.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 78
Found a 2'x4' frag tank already drilled for $100 gonna talk em down to 50-75 hopefully to plumb into my system cause as the days go by I'm really starting to run out of room in my tank. Before when I said it I had some decent spacing still but I'm getting jammed pack in here lmao.. to bad some of you guys don't live closer so I could share some frags easier haha (50 frags on the sand, 22 on racks and about 40 spread out on the rocks).. :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121231_193259.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121231_193259.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 83
Found a 2'x4' frag tank already drilled for $100 gonna talk em down to 50-75 hopefully to plumb into my system cause as the days go by I'm really starting to run out of room in my tank. Before when I said it I had some decent spacing still but I'm getting jammed pack in here lmao.. to bad some of you guys don't live closer so I could share some frags easier haha (50 frags on the sand, 22 on racks and about 40 spread out on the rocks).. :)

You have my address :)

You have my address :)

Ya along with a few others ;) maybe Jess' and the boys' tank could use some test corals as well haha I would send dino something but I think he is having more space issues then me in that 29 lmao.. I really need to get this tank though. Same place has a 400w MH used for 125 so maybe talk them down to 80-90 and get a new bulb, then I could house about 400 frags pretty easily :D

Ya along with a few others ;) maybe Jess' and the boys' tank could use some test corals as well haha I would send dino something but I think he is having more space issues then me in that 29 lmao.. I really need to get this tank though. Same place has a 400w MH used for 125 so maybe talk them down to 80-90 and get a new bulb, then I could house about 400 frags pretty easily :D

Wow 400 frags/400w is a pretty big number lol that would be nice if u could talk em down a few bucks. I'm not a fan of MH but hey for the right price, go for it

Wow 400 frags/400w is a pretty big number lol that would be nice if u could talk em down a few bucks. I'm not a fan of MH but hey for the right price, go for it

Ya I figure the tank has 1152 square inches of a footprint so technically with one inch disks I could fit about that many in there but I'd like to give each about 2 square inches of space that way all my frags can be moved out of my DT and I can keep just show colonies and mother colonies in there.

Ya I figure the tank has 1152 square inches of a footprint so technically with one inch disks I could fit about that many in the but I'd like to give each about 2 square inches of space that way all my frags can be moved out of my DT and I can keep just show colonies and mother colonies in there.

Yeah that would be a good idea, definitely. Sounds like you know what you're doing haha

Man, that's one encrusted tank! Those new corals are killer. You're making me think about a SPS tank. I'm still set on doing a planted seahorse tank with a few softies at the moment.

It's pretty cool but I love this birdsnest. The lime green and pink look great contrasting on each other :)

Yeah, I love the deep color in mine. I'd love to see a better shot of that bird's nest at some point too. It'd look amazing in my tank.

We will definitely have to meet half way at some point and have ourselves a lil coral swap haha maybe if we ever get around to fragging our acans we can swap em all so we can then both have a MASSIVE acan selection lmao

Now that I don't have any bryopsis that would mess up anyone's tank, I'd love to get some trading in too. My one birdsnest is getting pretty bulky. Same with my encrusted purple plasma acro frag :)

Great tank. How do you like your t5s? I'm trying to decide on lighting for my reef and a lot of people are pushing leds. If you were to do it over again would you stick with t5s?

Great tank. How do you like your t5s? I'm trying to decide on lighting for my reef and a lot of people are pushing leds. If you were to do it over again would you stick with t5s?

Definetly not lol. I got my fixture not long before the taotronics hit the market big time and trust me I've been kicking myself for a pretty long time now lmao. I will be making the switch to taotronics in the near future but I already have half the bulbs for my next replacement so I might as well just hold off til I burn through all my bulbs since the frickin things cost $20+ a piece lol.

Back
Top Bottom