MRC's Frag Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, found a guy in Columbus that is willing to trade his time for some corals and possibly equipment to build me a basic webpage to start. All I really need for now is somewhere to post current shots of what's in stock and a way to place orders..... Need to figure out a Fn name for the business still lol. I'm terrible at this part haha. My first thought was AppalachianCorals.com but meh.

Well, found a guy in Columbus that is willing to trade his time for some corals and possibly equipment to build me a basic webpage to start. All I really need for now is somewhere to post current shots of what's in stock and a way to place orders..... Need to figure out a Fn name for the business still lol. I'm terrible at this part haha. My first thought was AppalachianCorals.com but meh.

Pirate's Booty
Tortuga Pearls
Treasures of the Sea
Poseidon's Passion
Ocean Gold
Captain's Coral
Triton's Treasures
Coral Cove
High Tide Coral
Beneath the Waves

Ya that's how my 46 is too :*( I'd say it was in fair-good shape when I got it but with all the rescaping and the move its in pretty bad shape. Especially when I let a film build up on the glass then you REALLY can see it. I honestly don't see myself upgrading from this tank though. I'll just add to it, more tanks the better :)

So the new quote is ye who dies with the most tanks wins eh lol

Not knowing exactly where you are,

BlueRidgeCorals

Or

AdirondackCorals.

I kinda like the first one, but the second...meh

I'm kinda liking my first one more still lol. You know, I didn't like it at first but the more I think about it and say it I think I might just go with "Appalachian Corals" lmao

I like appalachian corals too... Blue ridge corals sounds to clise to blue ribbon(which is outside manassas va.... Where i get most of my stuff...

Appalachian Corals it is then! Lol I gotta go downtown today for a meeting so maybe ill just stop down and take care of all that too :D

Well just got back from Lowe's. Here is a basic layout of my overflow minus the 1.5" braided nylon hose which I'm holding off on the hose for the overflow and return until I have my sump situation figured out to get more exact measurements. I also grabbed 2 4x2 sheets of eggcrate and some misc. Smalls.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130213_211455.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130213_211455.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 97

Looking forward to seeing your corals for sale come to fruition. I am planning in turning my spare bedroom into a frag tank room. Just got the go ahead from the mrs. Lol. Was thinking of the name "Reefers' Delight" but then thought I might be attracting a different consumer demographic.

So here's how I will be doing the rack system. I have 8- 15x15 squares and I will be making an assortment of sizes of legs out of it as well ranging from one square up to probably 6-7 square tall legs that way I can adjust for height of corals and lighting needs fairly easily. I have 3 square legs on one rack now and a BUNCH more to make haha.

The picture would probably help lol.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130213_235248.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130213_235248.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 75
Well just got back from Lowe's. Here is a basic layout of my overflow minus the 1.5" braided nylon hose which I'm holding off on the hose for the overflow and return until I have my sump situation figured out to get more exact measurements. I also grabbed 2 4x2 sheets of eggcrate and some misc. Smalls.

Do the label on the rubber fittings with the hose clamps say "for drainage use only"?

Ya... Is that gonna be an issue? Gotta make a trip to Lowe's again tomorrow for some other stuff so I could swap these out if need be.

I've actually decided to just ditch em and hard plumb into the bulkhead. I'll update tomorrow when I get back from the store and finish up all the plumbing. The rubber couplings should be fine though cause I've had one on my current setup for over a year and it had it on it before that for a couple years with no issue along with some other people I know of using them.

And to clarify, if you guys haven't noticed I'm just plumbing one system for now. Once this one is up and running I will begin working on the second one since I won't need both to begin with so itll save some running cost and spread out the purchases a bit more.

Back
Top Bottom