Mrs. Wages

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saltcreep1025

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just got some Mrs. Wages and was hoping I could get some tips on how to use it. Thanks a bundle!!!!!111oneone

Rosstifer

Take 1tsp and mix it with a gallion of RO water. Let sit for 24 hours and then drip the clear liquid into the tank at a rate of 1-2drops a second. Do not drip or add the mikly white liquid thats in the lower portion of the container.

Watch your PH and alkinity and calcium levels before and a few days into this process. Drip nightly or 24X7 at a rate equivlent to your evaporation. If your still haveing alkinty and calcium stability problems then up the ammount of pickling lime slightly and see if that helps.

I acutally use 1gal milk jugs for mixing this stuff and use an airline attached to a gang valve to control the drip.

throw it out. it can have unwanted metals in it. the best bet is get 2 one gallon jugs and mix your sullution in them. get it set up so you can ulternate the jugs while ones dripping you can clean the other and mix the sullution up and let it set for about 10-24 hours and switch them out.

So you are using the jug to mix and then letting it settle. Are you then placing an airline tube in the jug and starting a siphon/drip? Then when this is empty, you clean that one out and have the other one ready to go?

I lose about 1 gal a day so using gal jugs would need 1 gal of drip per day if I had a heavy CA usage? I don't but just wondering if I need a bigger container :)

I have an top reservoir that I keep about 5-10 gal in. I wonder if it would be easier to just put the kalk solution in the top off reservoir after it has settled?

Easier yes, but I've been told the Kalk solution decreases in strength significantly after a day or two. Which is why most instructions state only to make up enough that you will use over the next day or so.

Back
Top Bottom