Mrs Wages Picking Lime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bckane

Aquarium Advice Freak
I boughts some the other day at a publix......Looks like it's been on the shelf for years.....Idont see no expirer dates on the bag.....do you think the stuff goes bad......would be safe to dose my tank.?

I must have missed this earlier Hara. What is it and what are you using it for.

pickling lime is the generic, inexpensive alternative for making kalkwasser

Pickling Lime = Kalkwasser for the most part. The biggest differnce is that you can get the pickling lime for about $1.75 for a pound where the aquarium stuff is about $10 for 4oz! I bought it straight from the Mrs. Wages Website and have it on hand all the time. Works great for me, I cannot tell any difference from the LFS stuff.

MadManMac said:
Pickling Lime = Kalkwasser for the most part. The biggest differnce is that you can get the pickling lime for about $1.75 for a pound where the aquarium stuff is about $10 for 4oz! I bought it straight from the Mrs. Wages Website and have it on hand all the time. Works great for me, I cannot tell any difference from the LFS stuff.

The only thing wrong with the $1.75 a pound....they charge you $7.00 to ship it

It's $3.85 on the website with the same $7.00 shippping charge. I got the Kent Kalkwasser mix on sale last year for about $6-$7 and shipping was free due to the size of my order.

I usually try to stock up in the summertime when Walmart has it in their canning supplies aisle. Some walmarts will keep it all year long.

Back
Top Bottom