Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-23-2014, 11:08 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
multiple clowns (2+) in the same tank.

hello all, just wanted to start this thread to share my experience on a topic thats fairly discussed and always debated. ever since becoming a member on these awesome forums, ive come across countless threds discussing and debating the possibilities of keeping more than 2 clowns in the same tank. the responses usually range from "its not possible at all" to " if the tanks big enough". so now to my tank and the clowns. a quick history. Snowflake ocellaris was first, lived as solo clown for prob 6 months or so, then i added the baby gold-stripe maroon, snowflake beat the living daylights out of maroon...finally got them to coexist after several days. (now the experiementing part) found what i was told was a regular maroon clown hosting 3 anemones... so i bought the clowna nd an anemone. him and the gold-stripe went at it...got them to coexist.. they are now paired up. and the newer maroon even taught the gold-stripe to host the anemone!!. we noted a few weeks ago that our original snowflake is always in the right back corner, kinda lonely... so we went and got a "smudgy" ocellaris clown.. took me 2 trys and less than 24 hours to pair him up with snowflake. so as of now, we have 4 clownfish in our tank. sure its a 72" 125g tank. HOWEVER i think given enough horizontal space. i have to say more than 2 clowns in a tank is doable without a HUGE tank. i"d even venture to say that one could prob get more than 4 to coexist in a tank if done properly. the point of this was to share my experience and hopefully shed a bit of light on the multiple clownfish topic
my 125g Sw...Round 2!http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...220171-33.html
ever see someone cut a 125g in half??
huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote

clown, clowns, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com