multiple clowns (2+) in the same tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

huma-huma

Aquarium Advice Addict
hello all, just wanted to start this thread to share my experience on a topic thats fairly discussed and always debated. ever since becoming a member on these awesome forums, ive come across countless threds discussing and debating the possibilities of keeping more than 2 clowns in the same tank. the responses usually range from "its not possible at all" to " if the tanks big enough". so now to my tank and the clowns. a quick history. Snowflake ocellaris was first, lived as solo clown for prob 6 months or so, then i added the baby gold-stripe maroon, snowflake beat the living daylights out of maroon...finally got them to coexist after several days. (now the experiementing part) found what i was told was a regular maroon clown hosting 3 anemones... so i bought the clowna nd an anemone. him and the gold-stripe went at it...got them to coexist.. they are now paired up. and the newer maroon even taught the gold-stripe to host the anemone!!. we noted a few weeks ago that our original snowflake is always in the right back corner, kinda lonely... so we went and got a "smudgy" ocellaris clown.. took me 2 trys and less than 24 hours to pair him up with snowflake. so as of now, we have 4 clownfish in our tank. sure its a 72" 125g tank. HOWEVER i think given enough horizontal space. i have to say more than 2 clowns in a tank is doable without a HUGE tank. i"d even venture to say that one could prob get more than 4 to coexist in a tank if done properly. the point of this was to share my experience and hopefully shed a bit of light on the multiple clownfish topic:)

Back
Top Bottom