mushroom coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

davemc77

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
As I'm new to this game is this normal ? I put a mushroom coral in my tank yesterday n it has been in full bloom till 5 mis ago. The light is still on and it has just closed down all if a sudden.

ForumRunner_20120212_205117.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120212_205141.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120212_205141.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 86
That looks like a toadstool leather coral. Not a mushroom. Did you get a from local store? Before you purchased did you see any polyps coming out of top of it?

If it is a leather than it is normal for it to slump like that on I occasion. If mine does I would move pump more towards it will force it to build stronger stem.

It may help. It is brand new to the tank. So give it some time. This is my toadstool leather looks similar to yours. Who Told you it was a mushroom?

image-3577094887.jpg

There are 2 purple mushrooms in the pic as well. Right under leather.

Yes its the same as your one and I have one like ur mushrooms but its brown. I posted pic of it today n I asked name of it n people said mushroom. Thanks for clearing that up.

davemc77 said:
Yes its the same as your one and I have one like ur mushrooms but its brown. I posted pic of it today n I asked name of it n people said mushroom. Thanks for clearing that up.

No people said toadstool in your other thread...am i thinking o the wrong thread?

Great. Polyps should come out in day or 2 after gets used to tank. Very easy coral and grows fast. Also extremely easy to frag.

Back
Top Bottom