Mushroom cutting question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adio800

Aquarium Advice Freak
If I cut a mushroom down the middle and so the mouth was in two... Will the mushroom just heal together or should I gently get both off the rock and in some rubble

Not too sure about splitting one mouth, but I know with Ricordia, as they develop more mouths you can cut and isolate each mouth, and they will grow out.

I've saw videos of them on YouTube bit they moved them all. So I was just wondering if I had to move them

I personally would not cut them. They grow so fast. Before you know it you`ll have several. You have this thread in the wrong forum. I`ll move it to the right forum.

How quick do they spread? I've had a bue and red single and they haven't spread. Unless your talking in a years time. Only had mine for two months.

I started off with one purple mushroom and had these in two years time.

100_0699.JPG

I know they grow pretty fast but I'm planning on fraying a few to trade around so I was wondering

melosu58 said:
I personally would not cut them. They grow so fast. Before you know it you`ll have several. You have this thread in the wrong forum. I`ll move it to the right forum.

I agree especially if your tank is not very large if u cut a mushroom,in two and leave the stalk intact it will usually divide into two smaller ones best way is to cut the mushroom at the stock remove disk from tank and cut up into pie like pieces rinse them then place in a container with rubble the stock will grow back too for me it takes a mushroom about 2-3weeks to grow back into a full disk

Back
Top Bottom