Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-19-2005, 08:05 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissfish
I also second the bigger baffle in from the sump to the return aeria.
what should I do?

Old 12-19-2005, 08:47 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

With that much space in your sump/fuge...I would just put the skimmer in the sump and keep things safer/simpler.

Your diagram doesn't show unions, but make sure that you are able to shut off/disconnect/reconnect every pump from the system for cleaning. (I'm sure you've already thought of that)

If you are making that into a 'fuge, then you might consider making the baffles out of black acrylic to somehow preventing light from going where you don't want algae growing.

40 Gal Hex, 10 Gal Sump, CPR overflow with Mag 7 return, Maxxima 35 RO/DI, 10K MH pendant, 2 x 15W actinic, 1 yellow tail damsel, 1 high fin goby, 40lbs LR.com rock, 1 red head goby, 1 algae blenny, Leather, blastomussa, sun, and hammer corals, green polyps, carpet anemone, 2 sexy shrimp...and more LR critters than you could imagine in your worst nightmares.... Mantis in 5 gal
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 04:11 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissfish
I also second the bigger baffle in from the sump to the return area.
How should I have the return area baffles?? anyone please??
Old 12-20-2005, 12:12 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist

I've updated the Diagram Image and decided to put the the PS in the sump and re-route the plumbing a little. INPUT PLEASE. I can't wait to finish this up, if yah know what I mean.

Thanks
Old 12-20-2005, 10:26 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

You need to have the baffle between the fuge and the return pump be the same height as the water line in that new diagram. If you don't, the 'stuff' in your fuge (critters, macro algae, etc) will just flow over to the pump. I know you want a large return area so you have less topping off to do, but I don't think you should have it set up the way you do. Move the baffle to the left some (and make it taller), make the fuge smaller, and make the return area larger.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:54 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Activist

We'll, I bought most of the plumbing last night from Lowes, will start putting everything together tonight, can't wait!!

Think I'll be all right with the 1" width return plumbing to .75" when it T's off behind the tank or should I go larger. The .75 is already built from the previous owner, be nice not to have to redue.

And should I maybe go larger with the 1" over flow plumbing? Maybe on the one side do 1.5" to the wye and then the rest be 1" after the wye. On the other side of the overflow just keep the 1" to help even the flow? What would you do?

Tags
pic, setup

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com