Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-01-2012, 07:35 PM   #71
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Mine is dimmable and it says there's 30 days warranty. Yeah its really noticeable when i have both blues set to minimum.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3070227576.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	135173

Old 12-01-2012, 09:04 PM   #72
Aquarium Advice Freak

Wow thats a big difference. The right side actually seems pretty bright for being at a minimum setting. What do they both look like at max? Id let them know ASAP. Seems like something is off. The dim side seems right for a min setting.

Old 12-02-2012, 10:26 AM   #73
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yep, i just emailed the seller. Hopefully I
can still return it.

How much percent of light do you use? Right now run 50% blue and about 30% whites.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:30 PM   #74
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have mine set at 100% blues and 80% whites. If you want to go higher, just increase them a little bit every couple of days
Old 12-05-2012, 09:06 PM   #75
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaWoWee View Post
I have mine set at 100% blues and 80% whites. If you want to go higher, just increase them a little bit every couple of days
Aren't the lights too bright? Lol!! I feel like they are too bright even if its 50% blue and 30%whites. My dad said theyre painful to the eyes lol!!
Old 12-05-2012, 09:45 PM   #76
Aquarium Advice Freak

Your corals will let you know if theyre too bright. Some of my corals have been under that % for about a year and love it. Of course I had to first acclimate them to it first though. I just throw in all my new editions with no choice but to accept the lighting. They are pretty bright to the human eye. I try not to look at them too long or i start to see blue spots everywhere. lol
Old 12-05-2012, 10:02 PM   #77
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaWoWee View Post
Your corals will let you know if theyre too bright. Some of my corals have been under that % for about a year and love it. Of course I had to first acclimate them to it first though. I just throw in all my new editions with no choice but to accept the lighting. They are pretty bright to the human eye. I try not to look at them too long or i start to see blue spots everywhere. lol
Lol!! Exactly! He keeps telling me they're too bright and yet he's the one who keeps insisting to get corals lol!! At one point I was going yo say wear your sunglasses when looking at the tank

Right now I still battling with diatoms and red algae due to bad ro filters. Filters arrived last week and I just did 30% pwc. Do I have to completely eliminate those algaes before I can start adding corals?
Old 12-06-2012, 05:41 AM   #78
Aquarium Advice Freak

You can probably just remove the algae by hand and as long as you keep the nutrients in check then it wont grow back or atleast slow its growth. The red stuff (cyano) you should definitely remove or kill or else it will smother your corals quickly. I used to just suck it up or blow it off with a turkey baster. I think i should probably invest in an RO/DI unit because i spend lots of money buying gallon jugs of distilled water from the grocery store.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:45 PM   #79
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I scrubbed some cyano off when I was doing my weekly water change yesterday and ohh lord! They are back again on my rocks! This is frustrating. I don't have any clue whats causing them to grow...
Old 12-06-2012, 01:42 PM   #80
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by daney90 View Post
I scrubbed some cyano off when I was doing my weekly water change yesterday and ohh lord! They are back again on my rocks! This is frustrating. I don't have any clue whats causing them to grow...
I went thru the same thing not long ago. I was using one of them cheep eBay RODI fixtures my lighting was running for 10 hours and was running the BRS GFO thru my reactor. I stpoed using the RODI fixture from eBay, started getting eater from the vending machine. Cut my lights back to 8 hours and changed from the BRS GFO to the Kent's marine. Three days later all of the Cyano was gone. Not sure what of the three things did the trick but everything is looking great now. Good luck

Tags
55 gallon, build, reef, reef build

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com