My 20g Long/10g Sump setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KantGetRite

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have a 20g Long with 10g Sump/Refugium.

I'm still waiting to get the refugium part setup (im going to move sand/live rock from a 10g nano once I move inhabitants over)

I'm running 165W Full Spectrum Grow Light (for future corals and it is place about 14' above tank.

I have 2 Hydor Koralia Nano 425 gph wave pump and have a hydor smart wave to hook up. I should have 22-24 lbs live/dry rock added by tomorrow. (only about 16 lbs of live rock in when pictures are taken)

Eshopps nano overflow rated for 200gph and a pump that is pumping about 207 gph. Also, a 200W heater that is in the sump.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Attachments

• 20g5.jpg
    20g5.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 157
  • 20g4.jpg
    20g4.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 140
  • 20g3.jpg
    20g3.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 132
  • 20g2.jpg
    20g2.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 144
Here are some more pics...

Attachments

• 20g6.jpg
    20g6.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 331
  • 20g7.jpg
    20g7.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 123
  • 20g8.jpg
    20g8.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 133
  • 20g9.jpg
    20g9.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 119
Here are a few more pictures after i got some base rock from BRS and redid the aquascape. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Also, in one of the pictures there is a green/white worm...I was wondering what it is...at first it was all white and i thought it was a feather duster but then it shed the white and is now mostly green....

Attachments

• 20g10.jpg
    20g10.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 145
  • 20g11.jpg
    20g11.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 133
  • 20g12.jpg
    20g12.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 120
  • 20g13.jpg
    20g13.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 126
Tank looks nice, though some more rock might be good. I did notice a potential disaster though, your sump water level is right up high. In the event of a power outage it will most likely overflow and make a mess. Typically the baffles/dividers are shorter thus lowering the water level. You could add a check valve on your return but your overflow would still drain and cause the flooding issue.

I've checked if it goes out. It's good and I drilled holes in the return like to break a reverse siphon if it happens.

Yeah I was super afraid of that too so I've tested like 15 times...only overflowed the first time and fixed it from then on

Added black foam board to the back. Adding some of the live rock from my 10g into the DT and some of the sand into what will be the refugium. I'm in the nitrite spike but it's been that way for like 6 days :/

Just got my royal gramma, firefish, hammer coral, frogspawn, ricordea mushroom, and candy came corals. To go with my Tubbs blue zoas and green hairy mushroom. I'll post pics tomorrow.

The rock that the mushroom came on was broken and the coral is all that was keeping it together. They sent me an extra head of hammer coral so that made me happy.

I have the opportunity to rehome my clown pair that I was about to move to the 20g. Right now, I have a firefish and a royal gramma...if there are no good options to add active interesting fish then I will keep the clown pair. So I guess my question is what can I add if I rehome the clowns? whatever they are, they need to be reef safe

You could do a possum wrasse :D there are lots of options, check live aquaria and come back with what you like

Sadly I want a flame angel or coral beauty angel but they nip at corals and I have been advised against it from a size standpoint. I don't really like the look of possum wrasses and none of the fish in the nano section were overly interesting to me.

Back
Top Bottom