Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-26-2011, 10:14 AM   #131
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtyboh View Post
dang! that sucks man

Yup, pretty much burst my bubble. LOL Well, maybe the other guy will turn out to be a flake and not come through.

Old 10-26-2011, 11:37 AM   #132
Aquarium Advice Addict

Here is hoping!

Old 10-29-2011, 03:29 PM   #133
Aquarium Advice Addict

Each day that goes by I am more thrilled with how my tank is progressing. It has been extremely stable from the get go and remains that way. Today, while doing my PWC and rearranging some corals, I found a frag that doesn't match anything I have in the tank. Got to love it. I have no idea where it came from but I will take it.

Today's parameters:
Temp 79
Salinity 1.0255
PH 8
Am 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0
Calcium 420
Alk 7 (125.3 kh)
Phosphate 0
Magnesium 1350

I am going to give it a couple of hours for all the corals to open up and then take another video to post.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:57 PM   #134
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well you will have to wait on the new video until I get home and my new addition opens. . Yup I picked up a nice sized Frogspawn. I have the feeling my clowns have been looking for something to host so I dropped the $30 and got something bigger than a Frag. We will see if they take to it.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:00 PM   #135
Aquarium Advice Addict

i look forward to your updates!!!
Old 10-30-2011, 11:33 AM   #136
Aquarium Advice Addict

First off, excuse me. You will see why when you watch the video. A lot of my corals (including my new frogspawn) were partially or totally closed but since my Fire Shrimp decided to be the star of the show at the beginning and end, I decided to go ahead and upload it. I will get another one this afternoon when everything is opened up.

Tank Update 10-29-11 - YouTube
Old 10-30-2011, 01:09 PM   #137
Aquarium Advice Activist

Nice tank! Your doing a good job. You might want to keep an eye on your Alk it is a bit low. Ideally needs to be between 8-12.
Old 10-30-2011, 01:16 PM   #138
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewatson249 View Post
Nice tank! Your doing a good job. You might want to keep an eye on your Alk it is a bit low. Ideally needs to be between 8-12.
Thanks. My Alk has stayed right about there the entire time. Never seems to change much at all. According to the info that came with my API test kit, it sould be between 5 and 7. Mine is always at 7. Also, my Monti is doing steller. When I put it in its final location a tiny piece broke off. I laid it on the rocks right behind the main coral and now it has encrusted the rocks after only 3 weeks.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:06 PM   #139
Aquarium Advice Freak

...in the first part of the video, your emerald crab looks like he is challenging your fire shrimp to a duel...all the crab needed in his claw was a tiny sword

Beautiful tank.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:05 PM   #140
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Amazing build so far! Just finished reading through it and I have a few questions.

Is it fine to keep a tang in that size of a tank? How long will it be before you need a larger tank?

This is inspiring for another first timer, like myself, who is going to attempt a reef tank as well!

Tags
build, reef, reef build

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com