My 45 Gal. Reef Build - First Timer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have to go down and winterize the neighborhood pool this morning but then...... It's off to the grand openning of a new LFS here in my area. My plan is to come home with my last fish for this build which will be a Diamond Watchman Goby. :) As part of thier grand openning they are running a sale so I can get it for $35 which seems to be about a $10 savings. After that, it will be time to start concentrating on some corals. :)

Thanks redsea. I appreciate it. I am very happy with how it is coming together. So far, the only hickup I have had is a bit of a flood when I cleaned my canister filter about a month ago. LOL Now, if I can do as well on the corals I will be very happy.

Thanks redsea. I appreciate it. I am very happy with how it is coming together. So far, the only hickup I have had is a bit of a flood when I cleaned my canister filter about a month ago. LOL Now, if I can do as well on the corals I will be very happy.

Yep, the tank will be filled up with corals, before you know it, and you will have to get another tank soon than you thought! I am currently trying to stock my 34g with corals, I only have 4 at the moment.

Yes, I have 4 as well. Looked at some very nice clams yesterday at the LFS that has its grand opening today. They had several full size and then a few tiny ones. Wish I was ready for one but I have been cautioned against it until the tank matures some more. :)

Yes, I have 4 as well. Looked at some very nice clams yesterday at the LFS that has its grand opening today. They had several full size and then a few tiny ones. Wish I was ready for one but I have been cautioned against it until the tank matures some more. :)

Yea, I have heard the Clams aren't the easiest creatures to keep, they are very colorful and beautiful though! I think they also require high lighting, which I don't have in my 34 gallon.

Today's additions. Our Diamond Watchman Goby and a couple of corals. Don't ask the names because I don't know. LOL I decided to try one hard coral just to see how it does in my tank with my lighting. It was only $10.00 before the grand opening discount and the reef club discount. All told, for those there items, some coral dip, and some epoxy I spent about $85.00 after tax. Not bad considering the fish is $45.00 before tax everywhere else. :)

carey said:
Nice pickups! Hopefully we can see a better picture of the goby after he is in the tank. :)

How is this.

Within 2 minutes of adding him to the tank he was "Remodeling". Must be a woman so I guess I should stop calling her "him". LOL

Thanks guys. It will be interesting to see how the coral does. I know my Magnisium is border line low ao my next purchsase is going to be a test kit for Mag. I refuse to does anything if I can test for it myself. Something I learned here. Carey, would you happen to know who I learned that from????? LOL

Yeah I really love your tank man. Got nearly all the fish I want, they are all very beautiful.

I really like the stock list and all of them have great attitudes. LOL Not one has hid for more than 30 minutes upon entering the tank and I have seen no aggression whatsoever. In addition, none of them should bother any corals so I should be good to go. Maybe getting a nice "Brain" today. I guy wants my old 2 lamp T5HO fixture so I told him to pick some frags and I would take whatever he wanted to give me for it. He came back with several things, one of which is a brain. :)

In the past 18 hours I have found 3 Feather Dusters that I didn't know I had. There was one on the back side of the rock a month ago but I can't see that spot anymore so I am not sure if it is still there or not. From what I read, Feather Dusters require pristine water conditions so I take it as a good sign. :dance:

In the past 18 hours I have found 3 Feather Dusters that I didn't know I had. There was one on the back side of the rock a month ago but I can't see that spot anymore so I am not sure if it is still there or not. From what I read, Feather Dusters require pristine water conditions so I take it as a good sign. :dance:

Congrats! Feather dusters are very cool creatures!

Back
Top Bottom