Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-01-2011, 11:41 AM   #71
Aquarium Advice Addict

Update. Skipped my PWC last weekend so todays test was after 2 weeks without doing anything (not even top off) to the tank.
Temp 79, Sal 1.025, PH 8.1, Am 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 5, Cal 440, KH 8 (143.2) and Phosphate 0. To steal from McDonalds...."I am Loving It". This tank has been so stable from the very get go. After reading about all the trouble others have had getting things in line, I feel extreamly lucky.

Today, I am going to take all apparatus out and clean it all very well, while I have it out, I will scrape the coraline off the front and sides. For now, I am leaving it on the back. I am adding a blue background that I think will make te coraline look nice on the back of the tank.

Also, I am going to try to get my DIY fixture hung and get out to buy the lamps. Will be very nice to have that project complete and start working on getting some corals going. Pictures to follow.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:24 PM   #72
Aquarium Advice Addict

Finished up the fixture and got it hung. I haven't trimmed the support cables yet in case I want to change the elevation. If you want to see more, I have a thread in the DIY section at Rich's DIY T5HO 6 Lamp

Old 10-01-2011, 08:22 PM   #73
Aquarium Advice Freak

Looks excellent mate, well done.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:35 AM   #74
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thank matthewh133. I appreciate it.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:14 PM   #75
Aquarium Advice Addict

Lowered the fixture, cleaned the tank and added a blue background today.

10-2-11 New Fixture - YouTube
Old 10-02-2011, 08:17 PM   #76
Aquarium Advice Freak

Looks great man, you have nearly all the fish I plan on getting for my 55g that's currently cycling! Especially love the Kole Tang and Six-Line Wrasse. Have you had any trouble keeping them or have they been great?
Old 10-02-2011, 10:24 PM   #77
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewh133 View Post
Looks great man, you have nearly all the fish I plan on getting for my 55g that's currently cycling! Especially love the Kole Tang and Six-Line Wrasse. Have you had any trouble keeping them or have they been great?
I have had no problem what so ever. I have been amazed with how stable the tank is and all the fish have been great. They are all buddies and take turns hanging with each other. LOL Not once have I seen anything resembling agression in the tank. The only other fish I plan on adding is a Diamond Goby. Then, I am going to concentrate on corals.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:18 PM   #78
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to kurtyboh Send a message via Skype™ to kurtyboh
55 is a little small for any type of tang...
Old 10-02-2011, 11:20 PM   #79
Aquarium Advice Addict

tank is look really nice!
Old 10-03-2011, 08:53 AM   #80
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks twitch. I appreciate it. Kurtyboh, the tang is a Kole tang which doesn't require as big of a tank. He should do fine for a couple years. I know that as he grows I will either have to upgrade the tank or find him a new home. Already working on the new tank. LOL

I was explaining to my wife that the shroud for the light fixture had to be built so big because the fixture I had was 4' long. Then I threw in "But if we were to get a bigger tank we won't have to change the fixture." Her response was "That would be nice". That is a yes right???? I mean she didn't say "Not On Your Life!!!" So that has to be a yes. hehehehehe

Tags
build, reef, reef build

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com