Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-01-2008, 09:20 AM   #51
SW 20 & Over Club

Send a message via ICQ to ccCapt
Looking good. Progressing very nicely.

Check out The build project
ccCapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 12:08 PM   #52
Aquarium Advice Activist

Just got the stand moved into the front living room. Now to start building out the sump and move the big tank on top...

Old 09-02-2008, 03:01 AM   #53
Aquarium Advice Activist

Well, today was a long day, and I didn't get as much done as I wanted (I had a small accident with my thumb, which stopped some of the work).

I got 55lbs of BR scrubbed and washed. I also got the sand washed and in the tank. The sump has its baffles in and silicone applied, and my skimmer is put together.

I also transfered the SW Mix to the tank, as I was planning on getting more RO today before the stores closed. As I was building the closed loop system, to make sure I had everything I needed before I went into town, I
I ended up cutting (scraping?) off the tip of my thumb while doing some PVC plumbing. I wasn't even cutting pipe, but was just pushing together a threaded x slip coupling when my hand slipped and ended up causing some pain. I decided that this was enough for me today since it took a while to stop the bleeding and saltwater wasn't helping the issue:P

Tomorrow, the other 30lbs of BR and my RO/DI filter should be here. My thumb should also be healed enough that it wont bother me to stick it in sand/water, etc.

And here is a pic after the tank was moved onto the stand this morning.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:44 AM   #54
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I like where you put the tank. I don't know where you relocated Mom to...

I got injured too when I was scrubbing my rock. I reached into one of my craft bags for a used toothbrush and sliced my finger open on some cut glass. >.< It was difficult and painful to then have to wash the sand.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:57 PM   #55
Aquarium Advice Activist

The rest of my BR just arrived at the house. I just remembered I need to pickup a TDS meter too for the new filter (which is finally on a UPS truck for delivery, yay!). 1 part for plumbing and that should get me cycling the tank in the next few days (need to get LR).
Old 09-02-2008, 11:25 PM   #56
Aquarium Advice Activist

Ive been running the RO/DI filter since about 4pm today. The TDS started at 22 and has come down to 0. So now I am capturing the water to go into the tank. I am also working on the other part of the closed loop and getting the last of the BR scrubbed.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:41 AM   #57
Aquarium Advice Activist

I didn't get to the closed loop at all tonight besides buying the part I needed for it on the way home.

I haven't even washed the rocks yet. Ive just been sitting here drinking some beer, reading the threads... I should be able to get the loop finished tomorrow and running (if I have enough water made).
Old 09-03-2008, 09:20 PM   #58
Aquarium Advice Activist

Well, Im back to building. Just got the of the BR in there, and have my new batch of SW mixing. Just took measurements for the Closed loop (I must have this finished today!) and going outside to saw some pipes.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:21 AM   #59
Aquarium Advice Activist

Ive spent the last 4 hours mainly working on the closed loop. Everytime I fix 1 problem, another shows up, and it doesn't really give the flow I wanted, so I am thinking of scrapping it. Any opinions on this since I dont want to mess with it anymore tonight?
Old 09-04-2008, 01:49 PM   #60
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Can you give us an idea of what your design is...maybe some pics?

Ziggy953 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
55 gallon, build, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com