My 90Gallon Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have my lights set up and have started moving some things into the tank. My watchman goby seems to like his new home!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111231_205340.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111231_205340.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 100
image-2764014189.jpg

New 90 gallon build. A little cloudy but clearing up slow.

image-1851421131.jpg

image-3426087125.jpg

29 gallon sump barely fit inside stand.

Rich, may I suggest you move the PH's up? It'll take a couple of days to clear, but it's looking good.

Rich42082 said:
How did you know my PH levels are low?

Meant power heads, but them being that low, I figured u would have that issue. If you look at my 90g build, you'll see how I had mine. Move them up and back. Face them toward the front glass. You will get ur pH up and have good flow.

Raising the power heads and pointing them towards the surface will give you better surface agitation, which will give you better gas exchange and help stabilize your PH levels. Removing the glass tops will help it even more, but that's your personal preference.

Does anyone own this light and is it any good?

48" Nova Extreme Pro Light - (8) 54 Watt T-5's, 4 Moon White Lunar Lights. (4) 10,000K, (2) Blue Plus ATI and (2) Aqua Pink Giesemann

I don't have any experience with it, but Nova extreme pro is a good fixture. As long as the fixture has individual reflectors you should be good.

Do you have a link for this fixture? I'm looking to upgrade my lights and the only 8 bulb fixture I could find is the one made by aquatic life.

That fixture will allow you to keep whatever you want. you will want to change out the lamps down the road, but 8 x 54 watts is perfect for sps, clams, anemones, whatever. I'm assuming it's used from the lamp lineup.

Yes, I bought it off CL and will receive it tomorrow. What lamp Line up would you suggest?

It's personal preference, but the main lamps are the ATI Blue plus. Probably 4 of those (to use as actinics), 2 ATI aquablue specials, a GE 6500k or a UVL aquasun, and a purple lamp- possibly like a Korallen Zucht fiji purple or a ATI purple plus. I might even use a UVL 75/25 instead of the purple lamp.

Ballin, I found the light on CL for $200 and brand new on Amazon for 500.

On amazon it says it has individual reflectors but the light I received from CL does not appear to have individual reflectors. It would be obvious if it did right? Either way I'm happy with this light it is extremely bright.

image-3055582191.jpg

image-253458147.jpg

It an individually contoured reflector? is it bent around the lamps? That's their idea of individual anyway- they aren't actually 8 reflectors in those fixtures. If not, i would return it. Reflectors are what make t5s so efficient. It's a big deal.

Back
Top Bottom