My anenome exploded!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stryder

Aquarium Advice Regular
I don't get it. I woke up this morning to a very milky tank. After the filters and skimmers did their jobs a little, I noticed that my large common milk anenome was gone, (not to mention little bits of it in all the Powerhead sifters! YUCK!! :microwave: I got two new fish last night (fire angel and lemon peel angel)and wonder if they might be to blame.??? :x Also has anyone heard of these two fish eating soft corals or polyps (I have a few 8O )

Angel fish are known to be pickers of just about anything that looks like a meal...Sorry about the anemone.. Be glad the fish are still alive... I had a Carpet anemone that decimated my whole tank...I lost all fish but 2...and that was because I got them out soon after it happened...

After further investigation, I've determined that the poor bugger got sucked into the powerhead! whe!!!

All the milk is clearing and all seems well. The corals are a little shy though.

Its quite possible the anenome moved overnight because it did not like its location and found the PH intake by mistake.

Not much you can do about it after the fact. Im sorry to hear about it and hope it did not polute your tank to much.

Back
Top Bottom