Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-07-2003, 11:52 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

My anenome exploded!

I don't get it. I woke up this morning to a very milky tank. After the filters and skimmers did their jobs a little, I noticed that my large common milk anenome was gone, (not to mention little bits of it in all the Powerhead sifters! YUCK!! I got two new fish last night (fire angel and lemon peel angel)and wonder if they might be to blame.??? Also has anyone heard of these two fish eating soft corals or polyps (I have a few 8O )

Old 11-07-2003, 12:16 PM   #2

Angel fish are known to be pickers of just about anything that looks like a meal...Sorry about the anemone.. Be glad the fish are still alive... I had a Carpet anemone that decimated my whole tank...I lost all fish but 2...and that was because I got them out soon after it happened...
Old 11-07-2003, 06:47 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

After further investigation, I've determined that the poor bugger got sucked into the powerhead! whe!!!

All the milk is clearing and all seems well. The corals are a little shy though.
Old 11-07-2003, 06:49 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Check this thread out: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=1727

Has some great information about keeping those inverts safe from those dangerous powerheads.
Old 11-07-2003, 08:11 PM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Its quite possible the anenome moved overnight because it did not like its location and found the PH intake by mistake.

Not much you can do about it after the fact. Im sorry to hear about it and hope it did not polute your tank to much.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anenome

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com