my aquarium is getting icky.............

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

miranda_1977

Aquarium Advice Newbie

hey all. i have this browish looking stuff growing on some of my artficial plants and white coral and a few specks of it is one my glass what the heck is it and what can i do about it??? should i clean it off leave it alone or what?? i would take a pic and show you but hubby took digi cam to iraq with him LOL. any advice will be appreciated.

take care, miranda

If this is a new tank just cycling, I wouldn't worry about it much. The glass is easily cleaned with a magnetic cleaning pad or scraper, just be sure you get one specifically designed for acrylic or glass whichever the case may be. Once the tank ages a bit and completes the cycle, this will subside on it's own.

If an established tank, then typically using tap water will be the main cause as it introduces silicates and phosphates which algaes love. If you could provide some additional details about the tank set up and such it will be easier to pinpoint any possible problem adn solution :wink:

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom