My Bulk head Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JMorris271

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi AA
My whole tank build depends on if I get this right or not so I am depending on you guys.
What is the best way to go with bulkheads when using Durso: slipxslip, slipxmpt,slipxfpt,or mptxmpt?
Yourhelp please.
DSC_1232.jpg
And Thanks.

Jay

Sorry for the wrong picture and thanks for the great help guys.

Hi AA
My whole tank build depends on if I get this right or not so I am depending on you guys.
What is the best way to go with bulkheads when using Durso: slipxslip, slipxmpt,slipxfpt,or mptxmpt?
Yourhelp please.Jay

I have a long time to figure out my bulkhead preference I just got back from the LFS to checkout a 120 gal. 2x4 tank I ordered with Corner overflows. The store ordered the correct sized tank but had the overflows mid backs.
The stand was constructed for corner overflows.
Two more weeks to hang my lights and add some rock.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Hi AA
Yourhelp please.

And Thanks.

Jay

After a few oops and ahs for my drilled setup, I would recommend slip/slip. I tried slip/mpt and each bulkhead cracked at the threads when the plumbing was bumped into by accident.

When I went to slip/slip, I cemented the pipe to the bottom of the bulkhead and never had a crack issue again.

Of course this was probably just me being a bully to my setup.

When I went to slip/slip, I cemented the pipe to the bottom of the bulkhead and never had a crack issue again.

Of course this was probably just me being a bully to my setup.

What would be the plan in the event there needs to be some replumbing or something.

I used a cpvc connector. So the straight tube that is cemented into the bulkhead is only a few inches long. And the tube still fits through the hole fur the bulkhead.

Now my overflow design isn't a durso type design. Regardless of the type of overflow, I would still use slip/slip.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

slip x slip if you are gonna hard plumb, slip X barb if you are gonna run hose. I have run both and prefer the hard plumb right now. Do as was suggested above, use a connector so you can disassemble the hard pipes if you need to.

slip x slip if you are gonna hard plumb, slip X barb if you are gonna run hose. I have run both and prefer the hard plumb right now. Do as was suggested above, use a connector so you can disassemble the hard pipes if you need to.

Have you ever used a Fernco coupling?

Back
Top Bottom